Compassionate, Professional Help Through Life's Difficult Transitions
Eileen Avila has been practicing family law exclusively since 1993. She is proud of helping many families through difficult times and transitions to more promising futures. She has found that every family has a unique dynamic and she empathizes with her clients and understands their unique needs.
At the outset of a client’s case, she helps her client to develop the preferred strategy, whether that is litigation, negotiation, or mediation.
Eileen tailors her practice to her clients’ changing needs. She has outstanding experience in the following areas:
- Child and Spousal Support
- Child Custody and Child Visitation
- Children’s Special Needs
- Complex Property Issues
- Domestic and International Child Abduction
- Domestic Partnership
- Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders and Trials
- Complete Financial Settlements
Testimonials About Eileen Avila Family Law
|Redwood City, CA |
|South San Francisco, CA |
|San Mateo, CA |
|Burlingame, CA |
Eileen Avila’s Family Law Practice Helps You to Move Forward Positively
| Eileen Avila’s practice of law began in 1982. Since 1993, she has devoted her practice exclusively to family law. In 2001, she was initially certified as a family law practitioner through the California Board of Legal Specialization and has continued her certification since then. She is also a certified mediator through University of California Berkeley Continuing Education.|
Recognizing that family law is often contentious, Eileen believes in preparing for anything and everything and will actively litigate your case through trial if necessary. But she is also keenly aware that many clients are seeking future amicable relationships with their former partners for their children’s and their own sakes. Whenever possible, she will promote and facilitate cooperative efforts to reach positive goals.
Eileen is prepared to bring in and work with experts as needed, including accountants, appraisers, financial planners, private judges, and psychologists/psychotherapists. Her cases run the gamut of family law issues and her clients come from all walks of life.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D.
- Member, Law Review, USF School of Law
- Pomona College, B.A., With Distinction
- Stanford University, Candidate, Master of Liberal Arts
- Certified Family Law Specialist, California Board of Legal Specialization.
- Judge Pro-Tem, San Mateo County Superior Court.
Past and Present Community Work
- Voluntary Attorney, One-Day Divorce Program and Status Conference for San Mateo County Superior Court
- Member, SMCBA Diversity Committee
- California State Bar, Family Law Section
Family Law Attorney
Contact My Law Office
Let’s talk about your path toward a better future with Eileen Avila Family Law. I am a licensed and certified family law attorney who has been serving family law clients for over 27 years. I handle family law cases that involve marriage dissolution, custody and visitation, child and spousal support, and domestic violence. Let my experience as a family law attorney speak for itself. Call today to inquire about my services and take advantage of my free half-hour consultation. The law office is located in Burlingame, California near the San Francisco Airport and there is ample free parking for your convenience.